Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Praying in the Spirit

God has me in the place where I am praying in the Spirit more.  I received the gift of praying in tongues approximately 12 years ago.  I hate to say it, but I probably only prayed in the Spirit less than 20 times.  I know that this is not pleasing to God.  One thing that has kept me from doing so is getting over my own mind and wanting to "know" what I pray.  In society we are taught to use our mind and critical thinking, so I applied that my prayer life.  I spent years declaring and decreeing things that where out of God's timing or not His Will at all.

However, God has currently placed me in a situation where I must pray in the Spirit.  As with the game of chess, I'm in the place where there could be a checkmate.  I feel surrounded on every side and don't know how to rationally pray about my situation.  When I seek prayers concerning it online, weird New Age type sites shows up as results.  I know that that is not the way of the Lord so I have decided to pray more in the Spirit for the situation.

As we pray in our Heavenly language, the Holy Spirit makes intercession for us.  We don't have to worry about  saying the right things to God because His Spirit takes over for us.  All we have to do is trust God's Word and wait for the impending manifestation of prayer.

No comments:

Offense

I am working on an article dealing with offenses.