Thursday, June 7, 2012

Coconut and Lavender Oil Bath





¼ cup of Coconut Oil
30 drops of Lavender Oil

Yesterday I took a bath in Coconut/Lavender Oil.  I was so surprised by how it left my skin feeling moisturized, soft, and smooth.  Coconut oil is an excellent disinfectant with anti-microbial properties, meaning it kills germs and guards skin against microbial infections.  It is an excellent source of vitamin E which increases circulation.  It's anti-oxidant components reduces wrinkles and other signs of aging.  The proteins within coconut oil restores a youthful appearance to skin.

The lavender oil has calming and soothing effects.  I enjoy the scent as it is a great stress reliever.  Lavender oil is great for cleaning wounds and diminishing bruising.  I have heard it is also good for removing skin tags by drying out the effected area allowing the skin tag to fall off within days.  In addition, lavender oil reduces swelling in inflamed areas.

After taking the bath in the oil mixture I didn't even have to apply lotion because my skin was very moisturized.  This is a great skin moisturizer.


No comments:

Speak it and so shall it be

Speak it and so shall it be Scripture Reading: Genesis 1 Meditation Verse: “And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light....