Saturday, June 2, 2012

Praying in the Spirit pt 2

Praying in the Spirit is a useful weapon against the power of the Enemy.  Who knows what to pray for better then the Holy Spirit?  For Romans 8:26 states, "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  We do not know what we ought to pray for but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express".

Yesterday I was telling God how tired I was concerning a situation in my life.  Not only was I spiritually tired, I was physically tired also.  Suddenly it hit me like a ton of bricks, I need to speak in tongues more.  I was reminded of one of the ministers who prayed for me recently to increase my prayer language.  It didn't register then, but I see why God let her pray that concerning me.

Looking back I see how speaking in tongues could have prevented a lot of the headache and heartache I was experiencing.  Though this situation concerns other people, I believe some mishaps could have been prevented by consistent prayer in the Spirit.  However, I was not consistent about using my prayer language.  The Word states to "pray without ceasing" which means "don't give up praying".

Oftentimes we give up because we do not see instant results.  Because we live in such a "right now" society, we believe that if something does not change "right now" that it is not going to ever change.  We lose faith, or believe that God does not approve of our prayers.  However, prayer is a process, and it may take time to see results.  Trust that a lot is happening behind the scenes, and if other people are involved God has to get them to the place of willful submission.


No comments:

Expect only the best

     In life we are often afraid to expect the best in life.   We think we may get our "hopes up" only to be let down in a major w...