Sunday, July 8, 2012

You can talk to God about anything

Today some friends and I were discussing the rash of severe weather being experienced throughout the commonwealth of Virginia.  Last week I was driving down the road after leaving Walmart when I noticed a bad storm coming up.  I had just bought some salmon to cook for dinner and I didn't want the remainders to spoil if the power went out.  I asked God to keep the power on because it would be a waste of money for me to lose the fresh salmon.  .

Lo and behold it stormed that night and most of my neighbors had lost power.  However, my lights did not even blink let alone go out. Some of my neighbors were without power for days, and couldn't understand why mine stayed on.    It goes to show how God will honor prayers prayed from an honest heart.


No comments:

Expect only the best

     In life we are often afraid to expect the best in life.   We think we may get our "hopes up" only to be let down in a major w...