Thursday, November 8, 2012

Early Will I Seek Thee....

"O God, You are my God; early will I seek you:  my soul thirsts for you in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is".  Psalm 63:1

It is 5 a.m. and I just finished 45 minutes of prayer.  For the past 18 months I have been waking up very early in the morning.  This was nothing I intended on doing, but I would just automatically wake up around 4am.  At first I did not know what was going on with me and I would try to resist it by going back to sleep.  However, l someone enlightened me about using that time to pray before day breaks.

I have discovered the importance of rising early to seek God.   This ensures that before you leave the house, you would have crafted a successful day.  We do not want to wait until something goes wrong to pray.  If you want to have a good day at work, declare it early in the morning.  If there are goals you want to accomplish, declare them early in the morning and ask God to give you the strength and will- power to accomplish your goals.  Most importantly "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths".  Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Speak it and so shall it be

Speak it and so shall it be Scripture Reading: Genesis 1 Meditation Verse: “And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light....