Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Trusting God Against All Odds

Friends, we must learn to trust God, even when facing adversity.  Have you ever prayed and it seemed as if you were just talking to thin air?  Well know that you are not talking to thin air.  You are talking to the most Powerful Being in the Universe.  You are talking to the Creator of All Things, the Alpha and Omega, the Aleph and Tav.  You are talking to the Almighty, the One who Spoke the world into existence. You are talking to the King of King and the Lord of Lords.  

It is Satan who loves to tell you that your prayers are worthless.  Why?  So you can give up.  But do not give up.  I am currently in a place where God has me where I have to press in and Trust God. Many years ago I asked God what was my Purpose, my Destiny, His Will for my life.  I thought that He would reveal it to me through a dream, or speak to a Prophet, or that I would hear a Voice from the clouds telling me.

However, He chose to show me my Purpose in a different way.  He chose to reveal it to me through trials, difficulties, and challenges. Now why would God do that you might ask?  To cause His heart and love for the hurting to be revealed to me.  "Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years, to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands" Deuteronomy 8:2.

These trials was causing me to see people differently and really have empathy for the broken and wounded.  I would have never gotten that heart for the wounded if I did not go through being wounded and broken myself.  

I recite the Promises of God and make sure I am grateful when I get an answer to prayer.   I surround myself with other believers and stay connected with the church.  One of the most important things to do when going through trials and tests is to keep going to church.  Oftentimes we want to stay away from church when we are going through something because we can become so worn out.  However, going to a Spirit filled church will keep your faith high and cause you to stay encourage while you wait on the Lord.

No comments:

Renewing your mind and what to expect

      A new year is coming up and I decided to start my resolutions early.  One of my areas was renewing my mind (Romans 12:2).  Renewing th...