Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Society's Obsession with Thinness


















This morning I was surfing the web for health and wellness information when I came across this shocking photo above.  Here, a thin woman is displayed with circles drawn around her arms.  At first I was confused as to why her armpits were circled.  However, after I clicked on the picture, I was led to an article dedicated to ridding oneself of armpit fat.

Who is paying close attention to armpits? This was what I wondered.  The woman in the picture appears to have normal looking armpits to me.  I do not see anything fat about them.

So my question is, why are we as a Western society so obsessed with thinness?   When did this obsession start and what can we do about changing the Western image of ideal beauty?

No comments:

Expect only the best

     In life we are often afraid to expect the best in life.   We think we may get our "hopes up" only to be let down in a major w...