Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Set Place in God

As I logged onto my computer one day, I happened to hear a sermon about finding our set place in God. The speaker explained that God has placed a particular r
ace before each of us, a course prepared for us to discover and faithfully run.

Scripture tells us:

“Let us run with endurance the race that lies before us.”
Hebrews 12:1

We do not create our purpose solely through our own reasoning. We discover it by seeking God, recognizing the gifts He has placed within us, and following His direction.

The pastor also discussed the truth that there is a time and season for everything:

“To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.”
Ecclesiastes 3:1

When we attempt to force something outside of its proper season, we may begin to wonder whether we misunderstood God altogether. The frustration, struggle, and unnecessary labor that come from striving in our own strength can make us question the very direction we once felt confident about.

This has been one of the greatest struggles of my life.

I have learned that operating outside of the proper timing can produce doubt and unbelief. We may begin questioning our gifts, our purpose, and even God’s promises, without realizing that the problem is not necessarily the destination. It may simply be the timing, the preparation, or the way we are trying to reach it.

Before hearing that sermon, I had been praying. During prayer, I saw a vision of two houses.

The first house had a firm foundation. A blueprint had already been prepared, and all the necessary building materials and tools were available. Everything needed to construct the house was already in place.

Then I saw a second house. Its foundation was unstable and only partially completed. Some tools were present, but many essential materials were missing. There was no clear blueprint to follow. I would have to gather the wood, nails, and other supplies by myself while also trying to determine how the house should be built.

The message impressed upon my heart was clear:

Which house would I rather build?

I could wait a little longer for the first house, and when the proper time arrived, I would have a strong foundation, clear instructions, and everything necessary to complete it.

Or I could begin building the second house immediately. I would have some of what I needed, but I would be working without adequate preparation or direction. Even if I managed to complete it, there would be no assurance that the foundation could support what I had built.

I knew I would rather have the first house.

Waiting a little longer would be worthwhile if it meant beginning with a solid foundation, a clear blueprint, and the right resources. I did not want to rush into building something that could not stand.

When the sermon began shortly afterward, its message confirmed what I had seen during prayer. God’s timing is not only about making us wait. It is often about ensuring that the foundation, instructions, resources, and preparation are in place before we begin building.

Purpose requires more than momentary excitement. It requires us to consider what we are truly willing and able to give our time, energy, discipline, and attention to consistently.

There is wisdom in waiting until the proper foundation has been laid. A delay does not always mean that we have missed God. Sometimes it means the blueprint is still being revealed, the tools are still being assembled, and the foundation is still being strengthened.

It is better to build at the appointed time with God’s direction than to rush ahead and spend years repairing something that was started without the necessary preparation.

When the right time comes, we will not merely have permission to build. We will also have the wisdom, resources, and foundation needed to build something that can stand.

No comments:

The God Who Rearranges Our Life

I have seen that God is the God who rearranges things. So often, I become worried when I cannot see the final outcome. I look at the circums...