Monday, October 19, 2020

EndSARS Movement in Nigeria

 This winter I will be traveling to Nigeria, so I have been keeping up with the latest happenings on that side of the world.   As an African American, I had to research the origins of my heritage through DNA testing.   Thus, I have discovered that the majority of my DNA comes from Nigeria.  So I have become knitted to that area like never before.

  Currently, there is a movement against police brutality called #ENDSARS "SARS" is the "Special Anti-Robbery Squad" that is known for it's brutality and corruption.  There has been allegations of harassment, unlawful arrests and detention, torture, rape, murder, robbery, etc. coming from members of the SARS unit.  

  Because of the protests Nigeria's police disbanded SARS on October 11, 2020.  So we must keep this whole situation in prayer that SARS will remain disbanded and those corrupt officers will be punished and individuals and families of victims get justice.  

No comments:

Maintaining Godly Composure in Business

"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them". Luke 6:31             As many of you might know, I have several...