Friday, July 19, 2024

I am experiencing error messages whenever I try to access my application on the CEAC platform at the NVC (National Visa Center)

 Is anyone else currently receiving various error messages whenever they try to assess their NVC (National Visa Center) application on the CEAC platform?  I am a petitioner who is assisting my husband with legally immigrating to the US.  We are completing his online application with the National Visa Center.  

On July 8th after receiving the NVC welcome letter, I was able to log on and pay the fees with no problem.  However, after I paid the fees, I began receiving error messages the very next day.   Since the site said they were having system maintenance on July 13th I thought that the issue would resolve itself after then.  However, it didn't, I still received messages like the one above.   

I contacted the NVC using their online inquiry form on July 14th and they responded to me very quickly the next day.  They told me that they were aware of error messages and addressing the matter.  They suggested that I keep trying to log on.  I was finally able to long on July 16th.  I started the application process and things were going well.  I wrapped up for the day and decided to continue the application the next day.

The next day arrives and I am back at square one receiving a barrage of error messages as I try to sign on.  I tried different browsers different laptops, every thing that I could think of.  None of them worked.  I was finally able to log on after approximately ten attempts.  However, this time when I pressed "next" to navigate the application, the website took me back to the sign in page where I could not get pass the "application error" message.  Then the website just stopped connecting altogether.  This went on for the next day.

On today,  July 19th I still received the sign in errors but was able to log on to the website.  However, after logging into my application, the same thing occurred when I tried to navigate to the page to pick up where I left off.  I keep getting error message after error message until the site just stop connecting again.

I did contact the NVC through their online inquiry form this morning, but this is just beyond frustrating.  It takes long enough (13 months for me) to get the marriage petition approved by USCIS, now I am delayed at the NVC stage because of technical difficulties.  I understand that many people are experiencing these issues.  However, we should not be.

I had no issues with the online I-130 form when I petitioned for my husband over a year ago.  However, the NVC website is giving me so many problems that it is disheartening.  There needs to be a number that we can call where someone can walk us through the technological issues. 

I am a tax paying US citizen and this is unacceptable.   

No comments:

Finally got all documents submitted to NVC

 Thank you Jesus I was able to overcome those technical issues and get all the documents submitted to the NVC.