Sunday, August 26, 2018

You are Altogether Beautiful

Bessi from Pixabay

“You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.”
—Song of Solomon 4:7

Today, I want to speak about self-esteem, beauty, and the influence of society.

The Scripture above is one of those verses that touches the heart in such a beautiful and poetic way. In this passage, the bridegroom is admiring the beauty of the woman he loves. He is completely captivated by her, as though she were the only woman in the world. She is so beautiful in his eyes that he sees no flaw in her.

Beloved, this reminds us of the love God has for each of us. We were not created carelessly or without purpose. We were formed with intention and made in the image of God. Psalm 139:14 declares that we are “fearfully and wonderfully made.”

Yet society constantly attempts to impose its own standard of beauty upon us. We are shown carefully selected images and told that we must look a certain way in order to be admired, accepted, or considered valuable. Over time, these messages can damage our self-esteem and lead us to compare ourselves with celebrities, influencers, and other people whose lives appear perfect.

We may begin to envy their beauty, bodies, clothing, relationships, or lifestyles. However, we are often comparing our everyday reality to an image that has been carefully created for public viewing.

We do not always see the cosmetic procedures, body-altering surgeries, professional styling, carefully chosen lighting, filters, or photo-editing tools used to produce the flawless image presented to us. We see the final picture, but we do not see everything that took place behind the scenes.

That is why we must be careful not to measure our worth against someone else’s manufactured image.

Learn to love and appreciate the beauty God placed within you. Honor your features, your complexion, your body, your personality, and the qualities that make you unique. Your beauty does not have to resemble someone else’s in order to be real.

You were fashioned by God with care, purpose, and intention. Allow His truth—not society’s changing standards—to shape the way you see yourself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the best time to make some plans for the future and it's
time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I
desire to suggest you some interesting things or advice.

Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.

I desire to read more things about it! I could not refrain from
commenting. Very well written! bookmarked!!, I love your site!
http://foxnews.org

Anonymous said...

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but
your sites really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back in the future.
All the best

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this
article plus the rest of the site is extremely good.

Miss Rhoadie said...

Thank you all

Interpersonal Strategy in Life

“Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.” — Proverbs 4:7 (KJV) A skill that is ve...