Thursday, June 29, 2017

People pleasing

Galatians 1:10 "For do I now persuade men, or God?  Or do I seek to please men?  For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ".

Pete Linforth

People pleasing is a subject I want to discuss today.  The above scripture states that a person can not seek to please people and God simultaneously.  Putting the desires of people above God is idolatry.

God has a specific role for all of us in the body of Christ.  However, we can easily venture into the wrong territory because of people pleasing.   I recall a time when someone was trying to urge me to learn how to play the piano.  They believed that my long thin "piano fingers" were a sign from the heavens that I was destined to play.    However, I had no desire to play the piano or any other instrument.   I knew my fingers were thin, because I was thin, not a prophetic sign from the sky.   So I  had to respectfully decline because I was not interested in musical instruments.

If I would have said yes to their request I would have been doing something entirely for them, not because I was trying to serve God.  That would have grieved the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

The Process of Time, God, and Prayer MissRhoadie

The Word often speaks of something occurring in the "Process of Time".  This refers to an indefinite passage of time (usually long...