Sunday, June 13, 2021

Having the same dream twice

Last night I had a dream which I dreamed twice.  The dream was weird because someone was throwing a party at my house without my permission.  In the dream I come home and there is a party going on, and everyone is acting as if I am not supposed to be there even though it is my home. 

I am going to seek God to what the dream is because I dreamed the same scenario two different times.  I know that in Genesis 41:32 when the king dreamt a dream twice, it meant that a matter was established by God and God will make it happen soon.  

But what does this dream mean for me?  I don't want to assume that what happened in Genesis 41:32 applies to me. And I really don't want a weird and uncomfortable situation that makes me feel intruded upon happening anytime soon. Maybe it is a warning of something ahead that will make me feel intruded upon. I will really have to pray about clarity concerning this dream.  

So what do you do when you dream the same dream twice?

The first thing you should do is write the dreams down.  I keep a diary where I write dreams in.  Write the date, time, and all you can remember. 

Write down any emotions you are feeling

How does these make you feel in general.  Did it leave you in a panic, are you at peace, or are you perplexed.  Write down your feelings.

Ask God for insight

Make sure you ask God for insight concerning your dream.  Ask him for the interpretation.  It may unfold itself in your waking life.  It is also good to keep a journal in general because sometimes things that are happening in your waking life will correspond to your dream and you can make correlations. Have you ever been going about your day and something happens that trigger you to remember your dream.  This is the Holy Spirit wanting you to pay attention.  Jot that down in a journal. 

If the dream is a warning...

If you are dreaming that someone is in a car wreck, or some other type of warning, pray against it coming to pass.  Pray for the protection of everyone involved, family, friends, etc.  Pray for God's intervention.  


No comments:

Maintaining Godly Composure in Business

"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them". Luke 6:31             As many of you might know, I have several...