Friday, September 7, 2018

Jesus' Yoke is Easy

Gerd Altmann from Pixabay

“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
—Matthew 11:29–30

In life, we often struggle because we try to work everything out in our own strength. Sometimes we make life-changing decisions based solely on our own reasoning, which is limited and can easily lead us in the wrong direction. As a result, we may find ourselves toiling in frustration, discouragement, and even shame.

I recently went through a situation in which I was seeking the advice of others concerning my business. I did not truly consult God for wisdom; I simply asked Him to bless what I had already decided to do.

However, I quickly learned that the greater blessing is found in seeking His wisdom first. When we allow God to guide us, He not only shows us what to do, but He also leads us toward the fruit that comes from walking in His direction.

One day, I became still, and an idea came to my mind about what I needed to do. It was something I had never considered before. Once I implemented it, I began to see progress in that area.

What surprised me most was how simple the solution was.

For many years, I viewed God as a difficult taskmaster whom I had to struggle to please. That mindset began when I was a young girl in church, listening to testimonies that focused heavily on tests, trials, and tribulations. Over time, I began to believe that following God would always be difficult, mysterious, and exhausting.

Because of that belief, I often tried to handle things on my own. I assumed my way would be easier. I thought God’s way would require me to jump through hoops or solve some complicated spiritual riddle.

Yet, in trying to avoid hardship, I often created unnecessary trials and frustrations for myself because I had not sought God’s direction.

Now I am learning something very different about His nature.

God is light, and light brings clarity. It helps us see the path in front of us instead of stumbling in darkness. God does not desire to confuse us or burden us with unnecessary struggle. He desires to guide us, give us wisdom, and lead us into peace.

When we take Christ’s yoke upon us, we no longer have to carry everything alone. We can seek His wisdom, trust His direction, and allow Him to simplify what we have made complicated.

His way may require faith and obedience, but it also brings clarity, rest, and peace. His yoke truly is easy, and His burden is light.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have know quite a few nutrients in this article.
Well worth bookmarking to get returning to.

When i amaze exactly how much work you put to help with making such wonderful revealing web page.

Anonymous said...

Good article! We are linking to this great post on our website.
Keep up the good writing.

Anonymous said...

It is really a great and helpful piece of info.
I'm happy that you shared this useful info with us. Please stay us informed like this.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Very good post. I absolutely appreciate this website.
Keep it up!

Interpersonal Strategy in Life

“Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.” — Proverbs 4:7 (KJV) A skill that is ve...