Monday, July 26, 2021

The Lord your God, He is God

"Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments" "Deuteronomy 7:9


Deuteronomy 7:9 is one of my favorite scriptures in the Bible.  One of the parts that stick out to me is "Know that the Lord your God, He is God".  Moses is admonishing the children of Israel to remember that the God they serve is the supreme God.  They were delivered from Egypt, a place riddled with idolatry and foreign gods.  And to make things even more complicated, they were venturing to new territory and surrounded by people who worshipped other gods.  Moses knew that this could pose a great temptation to the Israelites, who may begin worshipping those gods.

This rings true today.  With the internet, we can be easily exposed to other ideology and foreign gods who is not the Lord our God.  For example, I love using different natural and essential oils for my hair and skin.  I decided to look up "bath oils" on Youtube and noticed that a lot of videos for "spiritual baths" popped up.  I am not familiar with the term "spiritual bath" but I was interested in bath oils so I clicked on the video.  As I begin to watch it I realized that it was witchcraft.  After realizing this I clicked off of the video.  It just goes to show that you have to be on the lookout for things that will attempt to draw you into pagan practices.  So beloved, remember that the Lord your God, He is God. 




No comments:

Maintaining Godly Composure in Business

"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them". Luke 6:31             As many of you might know, I have several...