Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Stop trying to control the narrative, Trust wholly in the Lord.

Today I want to talk about trusting in the Lord.  One area in my life that I have struggled with is the need to control the narrative. I will pray and expect God to answer it in a certain way.  However, sometimes this caused me to be discouraged when it didn't happen that way, or almost miss what He was doing.  

When I was single, I would pray for God to "send me a husband" and would ask Him to send my future husband to my church.  I would go Sabbath after Sabbath anticipating meeting someone but it would never happen.  I spent years not looking out of the box and waiting for the man of my dreams to walk through the church doors.  

However, when I finally did meet my husband it wasn't at church.  Matter of fact, it was through a cousin.  So if I was stuck at looking for someone to show up at church during praise and worship I may have missed my opportunity.  



No comments:

Maintaining Godly Composure in Business

"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them". Luke 6:31             As many of you might know, I have several...