Monday, May 21, 2018

Renewing Your Mind One Day At a Time

Photo: Gerd Altmann Pixabay

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- His good, pleasing, and perfect will".  Romans 12:2 

      When I first heard of "renewing your mind" years ago, I thought it was a one shot deal.  I imagined praying to God once and Him magically pouring knowledge into my head.   

     However, I am discovering that mind renewal takes work and that the work must be practiced daily.  My daily work includes keeping a journal of my daily thoughts.  Here, I can keep track of my thoughts, feelings, and emotions throughout the day.  At the end of the day I read over my journal and I can clearly see my progress.  I can see where I am improving and areas in my life that needs to be changed.  I can clearly see when I am having wrong thinking patterns and how I can work on them. 

     "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things".  Philippians 4:8 



No comments:

Maintaining Godly Composure in Business

"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them". Luke 6:31             As many of you might know, I have several...