Monday, October 15, 2018

How to have Faith

"Anything is possible if you have faith" Mark 9:23

We often hear in sermons that Christians must "have faith" but seldom are you given any practical steps to attaining it.  I thought that faith was something that you just pray for and God would just pour it on you.   However, it does not simply work like that.  

Each believer is already born with a measure of faith (Romans 12:3) but to increase it we must exercise it.  Mere prayer alone is not going to magically cause a person to have more faith.  When I say exercise your faith that speaks of doing something repetitive.  

Do you remember in elementary school having to write your spelling words 10 times each everyday for homework until testing day?  You may literally have to do something similar with the word of God to help you increase your Faith.  There are times where I have had to pick a scripture out of the Bible and write it down over and over until it is in my heart. This helps me have more faith because as I am writing the scripture I am imagining it happening in my life.  It is also causing me to memorize it and have my mind and heart focused on the Word of God.    




No comments:

Maintaining Godly Composure in Business

"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them". Luke 6:31             As many of you might know, I have several...