Wednesday, July 22, 2026

The God Who Rearranges Our Life

I have seen that God is the God who rearranges things.

So often, I become worried when I cannot see the final outcome. I look at the circumstances in front of me, calculate what appears possible, and wonder how everything will work out.

Yet time after time, God reminds me that the situation I see today is not necessarily the situation that will remain tomorrow.

The pieces can move.

Schedules can change.

Doors can open.

Circumstances can rearrange themselves in ways I could not have predicted.

The Bible says:

“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
—Proverbs 3:5–6

Our understanding is limited to what we can presently see. God, however, sees the entire path. He knows which doors will open, which conversations will take place, and which circumstances will change.

I have witnessed this on two recent occasions.

Uche’s Arrival in America

The first situation involved Uche’s immigration journey from Nigeria to the United States.

There were so many unanswered questions surrounding his arrival. With the possibility of the travel ban, I worried about whether he would make it into the country in time.

I could not see how everything would fall into place.

However, God was already arranging the details.

Even Uche’s embassy interview was rescheduled. The timing shifted, the necessary doors opened, and he was able to arrive in America at the right time.

Isaiah 45:2 says:

“I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron.”

That Scripture reminds me that God can go ahead of us into places we have not yet reached. He can prepare the path before we even understand what needs to happen.

What once felt uncertain eventually became our daily reality.

Uche is here.

We are living together as husband and wife.

The breakthrough I once struggled to imagine is now the life I wake up to every day.

Psalm 126:3 says:

“The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.”

Sometimes we pray for something for so long that it feels almost impossible to imagine ourselves actually living inside the answered prayer. Then one day, the breakthrough becomes normal life.

The Job That Initially Did Not Fit

The second situation involved Uche finding a job while attending school full time.

He found a position at a factory, but when we first learned the work hours, the schedule did not appear feasible.

I could not understand how he would work those hours, attend school, complete his responsibilities, and still make it home at a reasonable time.

From what I could see, the job simply did not fit.

I even told him to forget about it and begin searching for something else.

However, the factory continued contacting him, and Uche stayed in communication with them. Instead of closing the door immediately, he allowed the conversation to continue.

Then the circumstances began to rearrange themselves.

The factory adjusted his work schedule to make it more convenient for him. His school schedule also worked out in a way that allowed him to leave earlier than expected.

Now he is able to work, attend school, and return home around 9:30 in the evening.

What initially looked impossible now works beautifully.

Romans 8:28 says:

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

All things working together does not always mean that every detail begins perfectly. Sometimes it means that several separate pieces eventually move into the right position.

The job existed.

The school schedule existed.

The factory’s original hours existed.

At first, the pieces did not seem compatible. But after the schedules were adjusted, everything began working together.

I Did Not Have All the Information

These experiences taught me something important: anxiety often asks me to predict the future using incomplete information.

I was trying to determine the outcome before all the pieces had finished moving.

When I looked at Uche’s immigration journey, I did not know that the embassy appointment would be rescheduled in his favor.

When I looked at the factory job, I did not know that the company would be willing to adjust his hours.

I was trying to solve the future using only the details available in the present.

But God was not limited to the information I had.

He could move people, change schedules, open doors, create flexibility, and arrange circumstances that I did not even know were negotiable.

Jeremiah 33:3 says:

“Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.”

There will always be things we do not know yet.

There may be options we have not considered, people willing to cooperate, or solutions that have not yet been revealed.

Our inability to see the answer does not mean that an answer is unavailable.

The Current Arrangement May Not Be Final

One of the greatest lessons I am learning is that the current arrangement is not always the final arrangement.

The schedule in front of me may change.

The obstacle in front of me may move.

The door that appears closed may open through a route I did not expect.

Isaiah 43:19 says:

“Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?
I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.”

A wilderness does not naturally contain a road, and a desert does not naturally contain a river. Yet God speaks of creating both.

That means the absence of an obvious path does not mean there is no path.

Sometimes the way is still being made.

No comments:

The God Who Rearranges Our Life

I have seen that God is the God who rearranges things. So often, I become worried when I cannot see the final outcome. I look at the circums...