Friday, September 30, 2011

God wants to make an appointment with YOU

Free-Photos
“And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts.” (Lev 23:1-2). 

The feast days are a time that God appointed the children of Israel to keep forever.  During this time, He promised to meet with them.  The first feast is called Yom Teruah, The feast of Trumpets (some call it Rosh Hashanah).  This feast points to the return of Jesus Christ.  

After the feast of Trumpets is the 10 days of Awe.  This is a historic time in Judaism where the children of Israel did a lot of introspection and repentance. It is a time of prayer and fasting. Historically it was believed that a persons sincere repentance set the stage for how successful they would be in the upcoming year.  

However, God does not sit in Heaven like some spiritual Santa Clause and say Rhonda has been naughty this year so I’m going to give her a hard time next year. No, even if Rhonda has been naughty or made mistakes there is hope. God gives us these 10 days of fasting and prayer. I can repent and get things right with God. Repent means to turn away¸ so I can turn completely away from sin. It doesn’t mean I am not going to be tempted by it, or even make a mistake. Repentance means that I am intentionally seeking not to do those wrong things. I have completely turned away from them. I have recognized my error and put forth the effort not to walk in error. It means that I look to God to equip me with strength when I’m weak

The feast days are special to God. It is a time where He personally visits each and every one of His children. You know sometimes God may feel far away in outer space. However, this one of the times He promises to make an “appointment” with you.


No comments:

Maintaining Godly Composure in Business

"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them". Luke 6:31             As many of you might know, I have several...