Thursday, December 19, 2013

Maintaining a Grateful Attitude!

I have been going through a challenge with my car for the past month and a half.  Very expensive repairs have been made and the problem has yet to be solved.  All I can do is trust God.  At first I reacted to the situation by complaining.  I complained about everything related to my car.  Before you know it I started complaining about various things going on with my car.

Complaining can have a domino effect because once you start complaining about one thing you find other things to complain about.  I started feeling so down that I had to stop complaining for my own peace of mind.  I started thanking God for everything I could think of.  When I was driving down the highway I would thank Him for the trees, the skies, the road, etc..  I would ask Him to bless those driving on the road and I would pray for the people who lived off of various exits I drove passed.   Almost immediately I started feeling better.  I felt so good that I noticed that I had more patient with my circumstances and had a happy attitude throughout the day. I was able to "breath easy" and not be in such a hurry.  I began to feel  better within my spirit.

No comments:

Offense

I am working on an article dealing with offenses.