Monday, June 18, 2018

Do Not Forget God in the Good Times

Photo by: 472301 pixabay

"When you eat and are satisfied, you are to bless the LORD your God for the good land He has given you. Be careful not to forget the LORD your God by failing to keep His commandments and ordinances and statutes, which I am giving you this day. Otherwise, when you eat and are satisfied, when you build fine houses in which to dwell, and when your herds and flocks grow large, and your silver and gold are multiplied, and all you have increases, then your heart will become proud, and you will forget the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery."  Deuteronomy 8: 10-14

What prompted me to write this blog was a life lesson I learned just a couple of weeks ago.  For the past couple of months I had been praying about a particular situation that was frustrating me. I was diligently seeking God in prayer, listening to the Word constantly, and stood steadfast.  As a result, I received a great breakthrough.  

After I received my breakthrough I slacked off big time. I started praying quick simple prayers just to say "I prayed" that day.  It was like I was filling some imaginary Heavenly prayer quota.  As the days passed, my diligence and fervor in prayer started to decrease dramatically.  I was on "cruise control" and was living comfortable on "easy street".  Everything was going perfect and then one day, that same situation came back with a vengeance.  It blindsided me because it was unexpected and more fierce than before.   

As I felt the frustration creep back in, God reminded me of how He warned the Children of Israel not to get so comfortable in the promise land that they put Him on the back burner.  

I quickly repented and that situation was resolved once again.  I learned a powerful lesson, never forget God, especially when thins are going great in your life.  Do not get so comfortable that you put God last on your list.

I also learned that when we fall short, God wants us to quickly repent.  The reason why I was able to be "rescued" once again was because as soon the Holy Spirit brought revelation, I quickly repented and resumed my diligence in seeking the face of God.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's up, every time i used to check webpage posts here early in the daylight, because i like to gain knowledge
of more and more.

Maintaining Godly Composure in Business

"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them". Luke 6:31             As many of you might know, I have several...