Friday, April 5, 2019

Be careful about deception

"Watch out for false prophets.  They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."  Matthew 7:15

    A few months ago someone gave me a book to read.  Initially, I thought the book was an answer to prayer because I had been working on building my faith.  However, as I begin to read the book, I became confused and perplexed.  The book became hard to get through and was intertwining a lot of Eastern Religion with the Scriptures.  I knew this wasn't God but was New Age.  

   Some parts I would have to read over and over and over because the concepts were so foreign and confusing.  I eventually stopped reading the book because it felt like Jesus was so far from me.  

   Deception is all around us.  People with good intentions, even some close to us like family can be used by the enemy to plant seeds of doubt in your head. Even though this person was not a "Prophet" in terms of how the Bible speaks of one, they were a tool used by the enemy to get me off track.  We must remain vigilant and watchful.  





No comments:

Maintaining Godly Composure in Business

"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them". Luke 6:31             As many of you might know, I have several...