Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Adequate vs. Excellent in God


Gerd Altmann from Pixabay 
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. " Proverbs 3:5-6

Adequate- suitable or enough for a requirement. 2. good enough 3. barely satisfactory or sufficient 4. of moderately good quality but less than excellent

Excellent- very good of it's kind 2. of highest or finest quality 3. Superior

     God wants the very best for our lives.  When we do not allow Him to be head of our life we sometimes end up not receiving His best.  When we do things our own way we receive things that are barely satisfactory or sufficient. However, we trust God because He wants to bless us with the highest or finest quality.

    This is very important in the area of marriage.  Sometimes we may settle for less because we are afraid that we will be alone.  Just recently I was interested in a an that I knew was not God’s best.  We had differently spiritual beliefs and different lifestyles.  He believed in God but didn’t seem to believe in Jesus, or that the Bible was real.  I knew from the get go that things would not work.  However, I prayed that he would be saved because in my mind (I wasn’t getting any younger) and wanted someone in my life.  God quickly showed me that this man was not His best.  Thus, I obeyed and closed that door. 

     I am thankful I did close that door because now God can freely send the person that is meant for me.  He would not be able to do that if I was still in the way. 



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is certainly a great deal to know about this subject.

I really like all the points you've made.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

When some one searches for his required
thing, thus he/she wants to be available that in detail, thus that thing is
maintained over here.

Maintaining Godly Composure in Business

"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them". Luke 6:31             As many of you might know, I have several...