Thursday, December 10, 2020

Prayer and Fasting against Stubborn Spirits

"But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting" "Matthew 17:21

In this scripture a man brought his lunatic son to Jesus for deliverance from an evil spirit.  He lamented at how the disciples tried to cast the demon out but was unsuccessful.  Nevertheless, Jesus cast the spirit out with a single command.  

Later on, the disciples came to Jesus privately and asked why couldn't they cast the spirit out.  Jesus commented that not only did the disciples lack in the faith department but that the spirit that they were dealing with was not an ordinary spirit that could be easily cast out.  Jesus stated that "this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting".  

In June of 2013, I launched my online business.   I jumped into it wholeheartedly with a lot of zeal but little knowledge of how e-commerce worked.  It took me over a year to get my first customer.  After I received my first customer things begin to pick up slowly but surely.  I prayed and prayed and God literally sent people my way to teach me about SEO, product pricing, and other areas where I was weak in.  

After I implemented those practices, my sales increased until they reached a plateau.  They stayed within a certain sales range every month but would not advance any further.  This was frustrating to me because I was working hard but not seeing the fruits of my labor.  

In the meantime, I came across a minister on Youtube named Kevin Ewing.  In one of his livestreams he discussed the importance of fasting, especially when you are dealing with spirits that plague families one generation to another.  After looking within my own family and I identified the pattern of financial insufficiency.  

So I decided to go on a fast yesterday.  I made sure to pray, spend time in the Word, and use the time I would spend online watching my favorite shows to really press in to God.  I repented for anything my ancestors may have done to bring about this dilemma and prayed against the spirit of poverty and lack.  I also spoke blessing and life into my business and spoke that customers were coming in from the North, South, East, and West.  To my amazement, I saw results that same day.  My sales tripled in less than 24 hours of me fasting and praying.  

 This taught me that I have to stay on my fasting and prayer campaign until I reach my business goals.  I have committed to fasting at least once a week and even more as the Lord leads.   And even after I reach my goals I still want to incorporate fasting into my spiritual life because it really breaks strongholds in your life and the lives of those around you.  

Now, one thing I want to reiterate is that fasting is not a magic formula.  One reason why my sales tripled on yesterday was because I was able to come up with a strategy that I could implement that day to help bring in more traffic.  My mind became more clear and settled while on the fast so I was able to to implement ideas more efficiently which caused me to have better results.  I don't want anyone to think that all I did was pray and fast and God magically brought customers.  No, I had to implement the ideas that He was giving me while I was fasting.  I also invested back into my business on yesterday and next year I will enroll in courses and mentorship that will help me to even become more successful online.  








No comments:

Maintaining Godly Composure in Business

"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them". Luke 6:31             As many of you might know, I have several...