Sunday, August 26, 2018

You are Altogether Beautiful

Bessi from Pixabay
You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you. (Song of Solomon 4:7) 

 Today I want to speak about self-esteem, beauty, and society. The scripture above is one of those verses in the Bible that just speaks to the heart in such a beautiful and poetic way. Here, Solomon is admiring the beauty of his bride. He is awe struck as if she is the only woman in this world. She is so beautiful to him that he sees "no flaw" in her. 

 Beloved, that is how Christ see's each and every one of us. When we were created, we were molded into the essence of God. We were not just some random group of cells from our parents. We are "fearfully and wonderfully made" according to Psalm 139:14. 

 Society likes to project their standard of beauty onto us.  This often leads to low self esteem and celebrity worship.  We become envious for their beauty and lifestyle.   However, we only see the image that they have decided to show us.   We do not see the body modifying surgeries, cosmetic procedures, and photo editing tools used to make the perfect image that is presented to us. So love yourself, and appreciate your own beauty that God fashioned.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the best time to make some plans for the future and it's
time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I
desire to suggest you some interesting things or advice.

Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.

I desire to read more things about it! I could not refrain from
commenting. Very well written! bookmarked!!, I love your site!
http://foxnews.org

Anonymous said...

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but
your sites really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back in the future.
All the best

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this
article plus the rest of the site is extremely good.

Miss Rhoadie said...

Thank you all

Maintaining Godly Composure in Business

"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them". Luke 6:31             As many of you might know, I have several...