Friday, September 7, 2018

Jesus' Yoke is Easy

Gerd Altmann from Pixabay

Take Jesus' Yoke upon you because His yoke is easy and His burden is light.  In life we may struggle when we try to work things out in our own strength.  Sometimes we make life-changing decisions in our own reasoning which is limited and more often than not incorrect.  This causes us to toil in frustration, discouragement and shame.

I recently went through a situation where I was seeking man's advice concerning my business.  I did not consult God for wisdom, I just asked Him to bless what I was doing.  However, I quickly learned that the real blessing is in seeking His wisdom.  Not only will He show you what to do, but you will also reap the benefits.  

So one day I just was sitting still and God spoke to my mind as to what I needed to do.  It was an idea that I had not thought of, and once I implemented it I saw progress in that area.  And to top it off, the solution was so simple and easy that I was surprised.  I often looked at God as being a difficult taskmaster that you had to jump through hoops to please.  This mindset develop as I was a young girl in church hearing "testimonies" of how God had tested them with trials and tribulations and how they were going through.  So I developed this mindset to do things on my own because I thought it would be easier.  I thought that God's way was too hard, too mysterious, too much like a riddle.  Consequently, I led myself into "trial and tribulations" because I did not do things God's way.   

Now, I am learning that God is the opposite.  God's nature is that of Light, and the main purpose of light is to shine so that you can see clearly and not be in darkness.  God wants to simplify our lives if we will only seek His wisdom.  God is a facilitator, meaning that He wants to make life easier for us.  



6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have know quite a few nutrients in this article.
Well worth bookmarking to get returning to.

When i amaze exactly how much work you put to help with making such wonderful revealing web page.

Anonymous said...

Good article! We are linking to this great post on our website.
Keep up the good writing.

Anonymous said...

It is really a great and helpful piece of info.
I'm happy that you shared this useful info with us. Please stay us informed like this.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Very good post. I absolutely appreciate this website.
Keep it up!

Maintaining Godly Composure in Business

"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them". Luke 6:31             As many of you might know, I have several...